• back

Opening Period

The house is open from the first of May through the end of October.

The House’s History

At the end of the seventeenth century, the Filaferro Family began a new business building a Mill on the Stella’s riverside, the first in Italy with special mechanical American shavels. This activity and the new technology made the family more and more rich and important. In 1793 the manor house was built near the Mill and then the fixtures and the corn house were added. During the time the Filaferro’s house was mantained by many generations with care and love. Nowadays it keeps intact the charm of the ancient times both in its structures and in its original furniture, surrounded by the green country of the Bassa Friulana and the cultivated fields marked by the rich and generous River Stella


We reserve two bedrooms for our guests in a separated area of the house.

Oriental Room

One double bed and one single bed Nineteenth-century furniture is adorned by oriental objects coming from faraway souvenirs. The bathroom is situated on the ground floor.

Empire Room

Two wide single beds. Furniture is in Original Napoleonic Empire style . The historical past of this House is also testified by the a portrait of Maria Cella, G.B.Filaferro’s wife. She was the sister of the famous Garibaldi’s lieutenant in Friuli G.B. Cella. The room has a private bathroom.


The rustical italian garden which surrounds the real property is full of roses , secular trees and shrubs. It reaches out the orchard, the cultured fields and the magic River Stella. The garden is for your relax and reading moments and delightful walks.